Safety Standards For roofers
At D.M. Roofing, safety is our number one priority. We follow all roofer safety standards to ensure our customers receive exceptional quality roofing services from our crew of Kingston roofing contractors as well as a job that is completed correctly and safely. D.M. Roofing is the name you can trust for proper roofing installation and repair services.
Are you thinking of having a new roof installed or work done to your home in the Kingston, Brockville or Gananoque, Ontario areas?
Home Owners Beware!...
There are hundreds of roofing contractors out there today who aren’t legally covered.
At D.M. Roofing & Construction Services Inc., we are here to HELP PROTECT YOU!
A few points you should consider when choosing your contractor:
- Liability Insurance: Most Important! Make sure your contractor can show proof of current commercial liability insurance. They should have a minimal of $2,000,000,000.00 liability.
If NOT? You the homeowner are liable if someone is injured on the job site or damages to neighboring properties.
- WSIB Coverage: Ensure your contractor has current WSIB (Workplace Safety & Insurance Board) coverage - It’s the law!
- Contracts: Go over your contract thoroughly. Know what you’re getting into before obligating, and signing a contract. By signing you agree and accept all the terms & conditions on the agreement. Many contractors reuse & cover up old materials & omit important items to lower their price. There may be crucial materials or items missing from your contract that could pose a problem for you later on. Therefore, the cheapest price isn’t always the best job which could end up costing you more.
- Warranty: Not all roofing warranties are the same. Before choosing your roofing shingles, ask about exactly what the warranty covers. Fully understanding what a warranty covers helps homeowners make the right decision. Protect yourself! Make sure your contractor has been in business for at least 10 years & guarantees in writing to come back & promptly repair or replace at no extra charge to you, any defect in workmanship.
- References: Make sure your contractor can provide you with current and past references so you can check their work.
- BBB: Any good company should be a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) or local Chamber of Commerce. Contact your local BBB and ask if there are any unresolved complaints for the contractor you’re interested in.
Choose the Kingston roofing contractor that's right for you - Call D.M. Roofing today!